How To Use Emu Oil
Different types of emu oil
Emu oil has a wide variety of uses and can be applied in different ways depending on what you are using it for. It can be applied directly to the skin, scalp, and hair or used as a bath oil. The results can be effected by the quality of the oil that you use. For the best results we recommend using one of our types of US sourced AEA Certified Fully Refined Pure Emu Oil. We guarantee its purity and stand behind each bottle with our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
How to use emu oil for your skin:
- Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into the palm of your clean hand or apply directly to the desired area. One drop of emu oil will cover an area approximately the size of the back of your hand, so judge your amount accordingly.
- Using your hands apply the emu oil onto the desired area. Apply more emu oil if needed to cover the entire area. You do not need to rub the oil all the way in since emu oil is a penetrating oil and will absorb into the skin on its own. The skin should not feel oily when you are finished. If it does, you have probably used too much. Simply reduce the amount that you use next time.
- For a lighter application try mixing a small amount of pure emu oil with a drop or two of clean water in the palm of your hand. Then apply the mixture to the skin. Pat dry or let the water evaporate off. This will leave a thin layer of emu oil on the skin. This has been found to be helpful especially in high humidity conditions and when trying to conserve the usage of emu oil over large areas of the body.
- When using for damaged skin or skin conditions, apply a sterile dressing and bandage if necessary.
- Repeat as needed.
How to use emu oil for your hair and scalp
Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands together to spread the emu oil.
- Using your hands and fingers apply the emu oil into your hair, spreading the emu oil all the way from the ends of the hair shaft to the roots. Apply more emu oil if needed or for longer hair.
- For complete scalp coverage, continue your application of Pure Emu Oil by applying it directly onto the scalp. This can be accomplished by parting the hair and applying the emu oil a drop at a time to the exposed skin. Then use your fingers to spread the oil along the exposed area. Apply more drops as needed. Continue by moving over about a half an inch and repeating the process until the desired area is covered with oil. Then massage the emu oil around until it covers the entire scalp. You do not need to rub the oil all the way in because emu oil will absorb into skin of the scalp on its own.
- Cover hair with a towel (optional) and let set for at least 5 minutes. Some people have found additional benefit when they leave the emu oil in their hair for longer periods of time, even overnight. A helpful suggestion from our customers was to use a shower cap to cover the hair when leaving emu oil on hair overnight to protect your pillowcases and bedding.
- Wash hair using one of our emu oil shampoos and follow with one of our emu oil conditioners for best results.
More information on using emu oil for your hair and scalp:
How to use emu oil in your bath:
Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into your bath water. Anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon is generally sufficient. You can add other essential oils or fragrances if you desire. Pure Emu Oil is odor free and will not conflict with other fragrances.
- Soak for as long as you like.
- Wash as usual using one of our non-drying Emu Oil Soaps or our Face & Body Cleanser for best results and towel or air-dry. Pure Emu Oil will leave your skin smooth, soft and silky and pain-relieving benefits may be noticed. Follow with an application of our Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion and our Facial Moisture Cream .
Use caution when entering or exiting the tub since it may become slippery. Rinse or scrub tub thoroughly after use.
Disclaimer: All of our Pure Emu Oil is hypoallergenic but those who are extremely sensitive should test their reaction on a small area of skin before continuing with the application. Results will vary depending upon your physical health, genetics, and other factors. These suggestions are for educational purposes only. If you have a medical condition or under medical care seek the advice of a medical professional.