How To Use Emu Oil
Different types of emu oil
Emu oil has a wide variety of uses and can be applied in different ways depending on what you are using it for. It can be applied directly to the skin, scalp, and hair or used as a bath oil. The results can be effected by the quality of the oil that you use. For the best results we recommend using one of our types of US sourced AEA Certified Fully Refined Pure Emu Oil. We guarantee its purity and stand behind each bottle with our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
How to use emu oil for your skin:
- Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into the palm of your clean hand or apply directly to the desired area. One drop of emu oil will cover an area approximately the size of the back of your hand, so judge your amount accordingly.
- Using your hands apply the emu oil onto the desired area. Apply more emu oil if needed to cover entire area. You do not need to rub the oil all the way in since emu oil is a penetrating oil and will absorb into the skin on its own. The skin should not feel oily when you are finished. If it does, you have probably used too much. Simply reduce the amount that you use next time.
- If treating a wound or skin condition, apply a sterile dressing and bandage if necessary.
- Repeat as needed.
How to use emu oil for your hair and scalp
Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands together to spread the emu oil.
- Using your hands apply the emu oil into your hair, spreading the emu oil all the way from the ends of the hair shaft to the roots. Apply more emu oil if needed or for longer hair.
- For a complete scalp treatment, continue your application of Pure Emu Oil by applying the emu oil a drop at a time directly onto the scalp. This can be accomplished by parting the hair and applying the emu oil to the exposed skin of the scalp. Continue by moving about a half an inch over and repeating the process until the area you want to treat has been covered. Then massage the emu oil around until it covers the entire scalp or desired area. You do not need to rub the oil all the way in because emu oil will absorb into skin of the scalp on its own.
- Cover hair with a towel (optional) and let set for at least 5 minutes. Some users have found additional benefit when they leave the emu oil in their hair for longer periods of time, even overnight. A helpful suggestion from our customers was to use a shower cap to cover the hair when leaving emu oil on hair overnight.
- Wash hair using one of our emu oil shampoos and follow with one of our emu oil conditioners for best results.
More information on using emu oil for your hair and scalp:
How to use emu oil in your bath:
Pour a small amount of Pure Emu Oil into your bath water. Anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon is generally sufficient. You can add other essential oils or fragrances if you desire. Pure Emu Oil is odor free and will not conflict with other fragrances.
- Soak for as long as you like.
- Wash as usual using one of our non-drying Emu Oil Soaps or our Face & Body Cleanser for best results and towel or air-dry. Pure Emu Oil will leave your skin smooth, soft and silky and pain-relieving benefits may be noticed. Follow with an application of our Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion and our Facial Moisture Cream .
Use caution when entering or exiting the tub since it may become slippery. Rinse or scrub tub thoroughly after use.
Disclaimer: All of our Pure Emu Oil is hypoallergenic but those who are extremely sensitive should test their reaction on a small area of skin before continuing with the application. Results will vary depending upon your physical health, genetics, and the cause of the condition being treated. These suggestions are for educational purposes only. If you have a severe condition seek the advice of a medical doctor.